DriveLab™ has provided Driver Assessment and Rehabilitation Programs since 1996. Our expert driver/passenger/pedestrian rehabilitation team provide assessment and treatment to at-risk drivers referred by the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario, insurance companies, law firms, family physicians and other health care professionals. This is in responds to the growing need for driver assessment, rehabilitation and education services for an aging population and individuals with physical, cognitive or psychological impairments.
- Functional Driving Assessment & Treatment
- Driver/Passenger/Pedestrian Anxiety Assessment & Treatment
- Existing and Proposed Vehicle Environment Assessment
- Drive Safe Program
- Free Educational Seminars
DriveLab™ is a Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO), Approved Functional Assessment Centre.
DriveLab™ Inc. is a member organization of ADED (The Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists) that was established in 1977 to support professionals working in the field of driver education/driver training and transportation equipment modifications for persons with disabilities through education and information dissemination.
Our rehabilitation treatment is guided by the following principles:
- Safe driving involves complex and performance-based functional skills and is an important activity of daily living – (i.e. the ability to drive and travel safely for work, school, family and leisure purposes). Safe driving involves a combination of cognitive, emotional, behavioural, physical, and knowledge based abilities.
- To assist the client’s return to driver/passenger functioning, driver rehabilitation must be provided in a safe, client centred, evidence-based, graduated and therapist/instructor controlled manner, in the context of existing health regulations, professional liability and legal realities and the Ontario Highway Traffic Act. R.SO., 1990. Treatment plans are individualized and developed specifically to meet the client`s driver/passenger rehabilitation needs.
- Driver/passenger rehabilitation requires an interdisciplinary team approach that is provided by qualified and knowledgeable professionals familiar with the specialized field of driver rehabilitation and the special needs of “at risk” drivers. Our team includes qualified Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Rehabilitation Therapists and Social Workers (with expertise in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – CBT), Occupational Therapists and Certified Driving Instructors, specializing in Driver Rehabilitation. Our team liaises with family physicians and other health care providers and provides assessment, progress and re-evaluation reports detailing our driver/passenger treatment goals and outcomes.
- DriveLab™ Inc. follows the principles recommended by the Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists (ADED)
If you would like to inquire, or schedule an in-service or seminar, please call us today Local: (647) 499-4620 ext. 201 / Toll Free: 1-844-413-7483 ext. 201 or email our customer service representative with any questions may have. We are here to help facilitate your road to recovery. To learn more about our full list of services please click here.